Welcome to the project website for the Smithsonian Institution South Mall Campus Master Plan NEPA and Section 106 processes.
Here you can learn more about the proposed South Mall Campus Master Plan NEPA and Section 106 processes and the alternatives under consideration. You can also learn more about the National Environmental Policy Act and Section 106 process.
Documents available for download:
Nepa & Section 106 Processes
- 95% Draft Quad Determination of Eligibility New!
- 90% Draft Quad Determination of Eligibility New!
- How to Apply National Register Criteria New!
- HMSG Determination of Eligibility
- 95% Draft Cultural Landscape Report
- Arts and Industries Historic Structure Report
- Castle Historic Structure Report
- South Mall Campus Cultural Landscape Presentation Board
Master Planning Studies
- 2012 Retreat Report
- 2009 SIB Existing Conditions Report
- 2002 Master Plan SIB Existing Conditions Report
- 2015 SI Castle Seismic Feasibility Study
- 2015 Earthquake Damage and Repairs Summary — Smithsonian Castle
- 2012 Earthquake Repairs Investigation of Secretary's Office & Regent's Room
- 2012 Smithsonian Institution Building - Restore Exterior Stonework & Repair Earthquake Damage - Construction Documents produced by the SmithGroup
- 2012 Smithsonian Institution Building - Earthquake Damage Review and Presentation
- 2011 9/22 Smithsonian Institution Building Earthquake Damage Field Observation Report
- 2011 Initial Damage Report #001A
- 2011 Initial Damage Report #001B
- 2011 Initial Damage Report #001C
- 2011 Initial Damage Report #001D
- 2002 Seismic Evaluation Report for The Castle Building
- 1995 SI Building Evaluation: System Upgrade & Coordination Study
- 1988 Structural Inspection, Preplanning Study Phase 1
Consulting Parties Meeting #7
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Time: 3 - 5 p.m.
Location: 1000 Jefferson Drive, SW, Washington, DC | Castle Commons
Consulting Parties Meeting #6
Consulting Parties Meeting #5
January 27, 2016
- Meeting Minutes for Consulting Parties Meeting #3
- December 16, 2014 - Smithsonian South Mall Campus Master Plan Environmental Assessment & Section 106 Consultation Public Scoping Meeting Presentation
General inquiries can be sent to the project email address below: